Shopping Cart
Your shopping cart is empty!

Health Professionals


Depending on what type of treatment you prefer, and the severity of your condition, there are a range of services which you can utilise:

Your local GP

- your local doctor may have limited knowledge about skin conditions, but he can still offer you some advice, or refer you to the appropriate specialist in your area. If your skin is very red or inflamed it might be best to get a short term script from your doctor for some mild cortisone cream, just to ease the redness until you are able to see another specialist.

Dermatologists recommend only using cortisone/steroid creams for 3-5 days at a time, then having a break from it for twice that amount of time.

I have used mild cortisone cream for my daughter on a few occassions, but only when her skin was so red and inflamed that any other cream (and even taking a bath) would sting her skin and make her scream. I would try to avoid using cortisone if you can though as it contains toxins that can build up in the body if used long term. The main thing is for you to find a long term Solution, and to treat your skin condition from the inside out, Naturally.


Your local Hospital

- enquire at your local hospital to see if there are Allergy Specialists or Dermatologists that you could make an appointment to see. They don't always have long waiting lists, so it's worth calling the hospital to find out!

Just beware of what creams/washes they prescribe you though, as they probably won't be natural ones. If using all-natural products is important to you then I would possibly steer clear of this option, and go to either a homeopath or an allergy clinic.


Allergy Clinics

- there may be specialised Allergy Clinics in your town/city available to you. If you do a google search under 'skin prick allergy testing' you will find your nearest allergy testing specialist. And if you or your child has severe Eczema then this is probably the best place to start, because it's likely that you have a food allergy which is triggering the eczema. Also, many people have allergies to certain chemicals / plastics / latex, so if you have an ongoing rash it might be an allergy that you are unaware of and a simple skin prick test will detect that.


Here is a link which may help you to find an Allergist, Dermatologist or Immunologist in your area:

You can do a search by profession, and then by region.



- if you would like a completely natural way to treat your skin condition then a Homeopath might be a good choice for you. They will treat your condition from the inside out, with natural foods, medicines and herbal remedies.

I was taking my daughter to a Homeopath for her eczema at one stage, and i did start to see improvement in her skin after a couple of weeks. There were a few little herbal pills that my daughter had to take every day (which she didn't mind at all, as they were pleasing to taste). And they were quite expensive, but I did see an improvement in my daughter's skin every week. I didn't continue treatment at the homeopath though becauseI still had an incling that she may have food allergies, so I really wanted to find out what those allergies were first before I continued. We went to get a skin prick allergy test and . . . as it turned out . . it showed that she had multiple food allergies. From then on, once I removed those foods from her diet completely (and rigorously I might add. You must completely cut them out of your diet, even if certain foods contain 'traces' of the allergen) her skin improved to almost 100% clear!

So if you have a minor skin condition it might well be worth the trip to the homeopath. But, if you suspect that you have allergies, it is best to get your allergy test done first.



I hope this information is helpful to you :-)